Ho Chi Minh City Skyline

Ho Chi Minh City Skyline
Ho Chi Minh City Skyline

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 1

We went out for dinner as a group on Friday for the last American food we would have in awhile. After our meal several people (including me) realized they forgot to pack a few items, so we set out as a group to find them. While traversing Forbes avenue on our errands I noticed something unique about our group; we waited for everyone before moving to our next destination. On first thought this may seem insignificant. However I have much experience traveling with groups and they typically break down into several smaller units. Even while backpacking in Yosemite the group I was apart of rarely traveled entirely together. Somehow my Plus3 group had a good level of unity despite the minimal amount of time we spent together up to this point.  I believe this implicit attitude of inclusion allowed our group members to bond quickly. While In a foreign country, your friends are very important to you in terms of safety. The mores eyes the better, and clearly we were aware of this from the beginning. One simple observance may not be enough factual evidence to base a conclusion on, but there are some situations where conclusions are not rooted in fact. I would like to follow the non-logical path and make a prediction. Not only will I have a fun time on my trip, but my group members will be the cornerstone of my enjoyable time in Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment